- "Member" means a member of the Site and "Membership" shall be interpreted accordingly.
- "Site" means the website located at techeye.co.uk (and related properties)
- "We" or "Us" means Prakasha Publishing Limited, a company registered in England and Wales.
- "You" means you, the user of the Site and "Your" and "Yourself" shall be interpreted accordingly.
Application and acceptance
These Terms are important and apply use of this website implies an agreement to abide by and be bound by these terms. Therefore, please read these Terms carefully. If You do not agree to these Terms, then You SHOULD NOT use this website.
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to change or update these Terms from time to time without further notice. It is therefore Your responsibility to check these Terms regularly for any changes. We will post the last date of any change to these Terms at the bottom of this page. Your continued use of the Site after any such changes constitutes Your acceptance of the new terms. If You do not agree to abide by these Terms or any future terms You should not continue to use this Site.
Your promises to us
You confirm that:
- You will comply with these Terms including, without limitation, the restrictions relating to acceptable use set out in the Code of Conduct section below
- You agree to compensate Us from any claim or damages (including any legal fees in relation to such claim or damages) made by a third party in respect of any matter in relation to or arising from Your use or Membership of the Site or arising from any breach or suspected breach of these Terms by You or Your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
You are solely responsible for the content You post or create on the Site including (but not limited to) any comments. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and We prohibit Members from uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting on the Site any materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. When We receive notification of a potential copyright infringement, We will promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers. We may remove content from the Site for any reason or no reason, including without limitation content that in Our sole judgment violates these Terms, that might be offensive, defamatory, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of other Members, or other people in general or content that has generated a complaint which warrants further investigation. You may not post, transmit, or share content on the Site that You did not create or that You do not have permission to post. You understand and agree that We are not obliged to review the Site for copyright infringement and are not responsible for content posted by third parties without Our knowledge.
When You post content to the Site, You authorise and direct Us to make such copies thereof as We deem necessary in order to facilitate the posting and storage of such content. By posting content to any part of the Site, You grant, and You promise that You have the right to grant, to Us an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide licence (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such content for any purpose on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such content. You may remove Your content from the Site at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
You also agree that individuals who obtain it from this site are free to use it in their own projects freely and without restriction, and may distribute compiled versions of the code freely and without restriction. By uploading code to this site, You asserts that he or she owns that code or otherwise has the right to redistribute it freely. We assume no liability for disputes regarding ownership, copyright, or trademarks of the code uploaded to this site.
We reserve the right to refuse to post any submission, to alter a submission before posting it, and to remove a submission from the site that had previously been posted. We may exercise this right without any advance notice to the individual submitting the code or content.
The Site and its Contents
All content made available on the Site, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, applications, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement, are Our property or are licensed to Us with all rights reserved. Such content may not be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without Our prior written consent. This excludes Your own content that You legally post to the Site.
Subject to the above, You may download insubstantial excerpts of Our content to Your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
Any use of Our content other than as specifically authorised in these Terms, without Our prior written consent, is strictly prohibited and will terminate the licence granted here. Such unauthorised use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws. This licence is revocable at Our sole discretion, at any time and without notice.
Third party websites and content
Please be aware that the Site may link to other websites that may be accessed by You through the Site. Such third party websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by Us, and We are not responsible for any websites You may access via a recommendation or suggestion on the Site. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any third party website or any third party applications, software or content does not imply approval or endorsement by Us. If You decide to leave the Site and access a third party website or to use or install any third party applications, software or content, You do so at Your own risk. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked websites.
We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor use of the Site, under normal circumstances, although We reserve the right to do so. However We do seek to balance this aim with Our obligations to other Members and at law. We therefore require that You do not:
- say or do anything that would cause annoyance, inconvenience, harassment or needless anxiety to others;
- advertise or promote third party or Your own products or services including by way of the distribution of spam mail;
- use foul, threatening or offensive language including, without limitation, racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic or sexually explicit language where inappropriate;
- make insulting remarks to or about other Members or any person generally;
- distribute illegal, copyright infringing, indecent or offensive material or any messages or content that may incite disorder or encourage illegal activities or that causes or may cause harm to minors;
- impersonate another person or Member or a moderator;
- transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- use the Site to conduct any fraudulent activity including any "pyramid scheme"; "ponzi scheme" or "chain letter"; or
- access or attempt to access the accounts of other Members or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Site security measures.
We may take any or all of the following actions at Our sole discretion:
- remove any Member profile (including photographs) or other material that We deem inappropriate or We suspect to be illegal, may subject Us to liability or which may violate these Terms or where We are required to do so by law;
- issue Members with verbal or written warnings and take such further action as We deem appropriate if such warnings are not heeded;
- suspend or terminate a Member's access to certain area of the Site or a Member's account without notice at any time;
- inform the appropriate authorities and provide them with information regarding any suspected illegal activity; or
- bring legal action against a Member in relation to any breach of these Terms or any illegal or suspected illegal activity.
We will determine what action is appropriate to be taken against a Member on a case by case basis.
You are solely responsible for Your interactions with other Members. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between You and other Members.
You acknowledge that We may be required by law or regulation to access, monitor, store or copy material sent by or to Members without further notice to You.
Our legal obligations and limits on liability
Whilst We will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions in Our content as soon as practicable once they have been brought to Our attention, We do not promise that the Site will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition nor that the information on and provided via the Site will be free from errors or omissions.
Access to this Site and its contents may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, necessary maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Our control.
All content and services on this Site are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We do not make any promises to You in respect of the Site or its content, including, without limitation, information provided by or regarding other Members. Any decision made or action taken by You on the basis of information provided on or via the Site is at Your sole discretion and risk.
Due to the fact that many technical aspects of the Site and the content provided is supplied by or otherwise dependent on third parties, We are not responsible for the accuracy, suitability, reliability, completeness, performance, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, or freedom from viruses, or other harmful programs of the content contained in or accessed through this Site.
We will not be liable for indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by You and Us at the time of entering into these Terms, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity.
We shall not be liable for any failure or suspension of the Site, or for termination of access to the Site or access to any Site content, which arises from an event which is beyond Our reasonable control. An event beyond Our reasonable control shall include, without limitation, failure of infrastructure, government intervention, wars, civil commotion, hijacking, fire, flood, accident, storm, strikes, lockouts, terrorist attacks, or industrial action affecting Us or Our suppliers.
If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
In the event of any dispute between You and Us concerning these Terms, relevant United Kingdom law will apply. If You wish to take court proceedings against Us You must do so within the United Kingdom.
Complaints and feedback
If You have any complaints about another Member or any aspect of the Site or if You have any questions or would otherwise like to provide any other feedback, then You can contact Us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Us at the address set out at the top of these Terms.
Copyright and Trademark Notices
All pages and graphics on this this Internet site are copyright © 1998-2013, Prakasha Publishing Limited. All rights reserved. The pages may not be redistributed or reproduced in any way, shape, or form without written permission..
Last modified: 2 December 2011